Under Counter Wine Refrigerators
While freestanding wine coolers are ideal for some people, if you want your wine fridge to be seamlessly integrated into your home, you’ll definitely want to go with under counter wine cooler refrigerators. An under counter wine cooler is a great way to keep your wine at the right serving temperature until you’re ready to drink it. They look great and are a wonderful way to start a conversation at parties. It can be challenging to sort through all of the options available for under counter wine refrigerators, so here are some models you might want to consider based on your wine drinking needs.
Whynter WC-211DZ 21 Bottle Dual Temperature Zone wine cooler
This stainless steel trimmed wine cellar from Whynter holds up to 21 bottles of wine and is reasonably priced at around $320. It also features two zones of cooling so you can store multiple types of wine at different temperatures.
- Removable stainless steel chrome shelves to store the wine safely and securely
- Adjustable temperature settings for both temperature zones: 50 to 66 degrees for the lower zone and 44 to 66 degrees for the higher zone
- Dual zone wine cooler is ideal for storing both red and white wine
- Soft interior LED light to make it easy to see your wine in the fridge
- Very few moving parts for long fridge life
- Only fits “traditional” wine bottles; will have difficulty fitting other sizes of wine bottles, so avoid this model if you intend to use a wine fridge for champagne
- The racks only fit 18 bottles of wine, meaning you have to store the last 3 bottles of wine on the ground
- Trays are difficult to slide in and out
Whynter BWR-33SD 33 Bottle Built In Wine Refridgerator
Another strong offering from Whynter, this 33 bottle capacity wine cooler also fits easily underneath a counter. It has a tempered double pane glass door to protect your wine from UV rays and is priced around $600.
- Holds up to 33 standard sized 750 ml wine bottles
- Digital LED temperature control that allows you to set the temperature of your wine from 40 degrees to 65 degrees
- Has a lock and key to make sure your wine is stored safely and out of the reach of children
- Quiet operation and only makes about the same amount of noise as a regular refrigerator
- Somewhat more expensive than wine coolers that only hold a few less bottles of wine, so consider if you really need to store 33 bottles of wine at a time
GE Profile: PWR04FANBS 20 Wine Center, 29 Bottle Capacity
This wine chiller, available in stainless steel and black, holds up to 29 bottles of wine and has an adjustable temperature control. It is priced at around $595.
- Pull out wine racks with a chrome finish, making it easy to see which bottles you want to drink
- Has an interior light to illuminate your bottles while you look at them
- Adjustable shelf positions
- Temperature control with a digital temperature readout to make it easy to keep track of your wine’s temperature
- Holds up to 29 bottles of wine, enough for a moderately sized home wine collection
- Low noise level
- Has three temperature controls to find the perfect temperature for your wine: red, white and custom
- Some people report that the door doesn’t open up enough to easily take out the wine
- Doesn’t have dual temperature zone settings, meaning you can only set one temperature for your wine and that you might not have optimal temperature for all of your wine bottles
Edgestar 12 Bottle Slim-Fit Wine cooler
This small and attractive wine cooler from Edgestar is great for people with a smaller collection of wine or who don’t need to have very many bottles of wine cooled at a time. This 12 bottle wine cooler is priced at around $119 is also an inexpensive introduction to wine chillers.
- Slim-fit design uses vertical space, meaning you could store this next to the fridge or some other unused space
- Chrome racking holds wine bottles in place securely
- Stores up to 12 bottles of wine
- Inexpensively priced
- Thermoelectric Peltier cooling system to prevent wine from unnecessary vibrations
- Temperature knob is on the back of the fridge, so you need to remove some wine to reach it properly
- Doesn’t have a digital temperature selection to precisely set the temperature of the wine
Whynter WC-321DD 32 Bottle Dual Temperature Zone wine cooler
With its stainless steel trimmed glass door and black cabinet design, this is a very attractive wine cooler to add to your home. It comfortably holds up to 32 bottles of wine in two temperature zones, so you can set the temperature for your red wine and white wine separately. It is priced at around $480.
- Able to precisely set the temperature between 46 degrees and 66 degrees in two temperature zones
- Can store different types of wine and keep them at the right temperature
- LCD display to easily view and change settings for wine temperature
- Very quiet operation
- Easy to use settings
- Solid and durable construction to last for years
- Doesn’t fit champagne bottles very well
- Many people reported damaged packaging with their wine cooling unit
- Shelves are packed somewhat close for some people depending on the type of wine you store
Overall, there are many under counter wine refrigerators you can choose from to add the ability to easily chill wine at home. Look at how much money you want to spend on a wine cooler refrigerator and how many bottles you want to store. With so many different options, you’ll be able to find the right wine cooler for your home and be enjoying wine from under counter wine refrigerators before you know it.